This green tips is all about how to make green living contagious. Pass it on to your kids, your spouse, your friends, your family, your co-workers, everyone!
1. Try choosing activities to do with friends that don't require any extra materials or fossil fuels. Go for a bike ride together, play Frisbee in the park, hunt shells at the beach, go forging for wild fruit (make sure to take a guide book so you pick only the right stuff) or go for a hike somewhere neither of you have been.
2. Try talking to your boss and co-workers about car-pools, have a potluck lunch hour (homemade food brought in re-usable containers), put together a recycling center, ask if your workplace can switch to 100% recycled paper or rally everyone to participate in bike to work week.
3. For birthdays and other holidays ask family members if everyone could give eco-friendly gifts. Try things like homemade meals, a massage, organic bath products, gift cards for emission-free activities (rock climbing, kayaking tour, horseback riding trip, splunking) or donations to local charities or environmental groups.
4. Ask your spouse or roommates to follow a few household guidelines, if everyone pitches in its really easy. Always recycle, compost organic materials, don't use chemical cleaning products in the house, only run the washing machine and dishwasher when totally full and turn off any electrical objects that aren't in use.
5. Educate your kids on the importance of helping the Earth. Teach them how to recycle, walk with them to school or to the park instead of driving, teach them not to litter, help them to understand why we re-use old toys, backpacks, or containers. It is so important to start building healthy habits early.