Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Bonnet

When I saw this pattern I knew there was no way I couldn't not make this for April. Because embroidery is not really my thing I decided to do a practice run. And I have to say it isn't half bad. (You can click on the picture to see the bonnet in better detail).
The pattern calls for wool for the outer layer but I used a left over piece of corduroy instead. I have a beautiful piece of grey wool waiting for this project but I wanted to make sure I could pull it off before using it.
Turns out the embroidery wasn't may issue. Somehow I did something to the lining so it didn't line up quite how it should. It is still wearable and once it's on, you can't even tell there is something wrong with the inside.
It's a great quick little pattern. I did the embroidery one evening and put the whole bonnet together the next evening.
I think April looks pretty darn cute in her little bonnet. I can't wait to make the next one (maybe in the next size up).

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable bonnet (nice work on the embroidery!).