Saturday, May 25, 2013
Ice Cream Dress
My latest sewing project has been the Oliver and S Ice Cream Dress. I can't believe that I've had this adorable pattern sitting here for a year and I haven't made one until now. It's cute and simple and April loves that it is loose and the pockets. The pockets are a huge hit. She keeps walking around trying to find things to stuff in the pockets. Lately the pockets have been used for pacifier storage.
The fabric is something I bought 2 years ago at Spool of Thread. I think it was originally intended for the lining of a rain coat but it seemed to suit this project well. I decided to switch the grain on the pockets to give the dress a unique little feature. I also used a branch button as a natural touch. Oliver and S patterns have so many finishing details that I decided to add a few of my own to make it even more special.
I see this pattern getting more use in the future. I made it in one evening and it has 2 other variations that I would like to try. The little top variation especially appeals to me. Oliver and S: this one is a winner!