Tuesday, February 11, 2014

She's Three










Last week my sweet girl turned three. In some ways, I'm still in shock. Three just seems so different. She had her first real friends and away from home birthday party. She was able to choose her cupcakes and balloon colors. At our family birthday dinner she even put the candles in her own cake. Looking back now it all seems like leaps and bounds ahead of her birthday last year.

It was a relatively simple birthday this year. She spent an afternoon playing with friends, getting facepaint on for the first time and sharing snacks and smiles with the people she loves. She also got another party with her family. We had dinner, cake and she got to open a few gifts from family. I was so pleased that I was able to complete a handmade gift for her just in time. I made her the Neighborly vest using one of her favorite colors. As I did in the days leading up to her birth, I try to always take the time to create something by hand and with love for her birthday.

I'm bursting with pride and admiration over the person she is becoming. She can make me laugh like no other and my heart now knows love like never before. Her birthday is such a special day for us both. The day we first laid eyes on each other. I'm so excited to continue this journey with her. Happy Birthday my darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment