Monday, July 28, 2014

A Summer Cardi




I started this little sweater months ago but got sidetracked by new hobbies. I noticed it in my knitting basket and the yarn was just to gorgeous to let sit any longer. I finished it just in time too, it barely fits. I needed to modify the pattern a little bit however. I started this in the winter and long sleeves and full buttons seemed a bit too much now that is it summer.

I used the Garter Yoke Baby Cardi pattern with the gorgeous Blue Moon Socks that Rock yarn in Hobbit Garden. I decided to make it short sleeved and added only three button holes. Button plackets are not my forte, they never look quite right. It was definitely the case here. My cast off edge was too tight and I think I picked up the stitches backwards. Luckily this colorway is very forgiving and you can't really notice once it is on.

Don't these colors suit my blue-eyed boy? I feels really good to finish something for him. I haven't made him anything since he was born. I think it's time to change that. So very many ideas whirling around in my head. Let's hope at least a few of them come to fruition. This little cardi was definitely a good place to start.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! The sweater looks awesome on him and you're right, the colours suit him perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a super cute little man! (And a darling cardi!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw he's adorable! Lovely cardigan, I like the colourway you've used

    ReplyDelete